Recording processed with the wrong date of birth
Recordings processed with the wrong date of birth will show incorrect age and percentile information. Follow the steps here to resolve the issue.
1. Correct the child's birth date.
Open the child's participant screen to edit the child's date of birth before processing additional recordings.
This will not update the child's age at recording, or percentiles. Proceed to the next step.
2. Contact LENA Support to correct the reports.
LENA Support can help update the data.
Please email [email protected] with the following information for each recording that needs to be corrected:
- Recording Date
- ITS File (this is the filename of the results file)
- Recording ID
- Child's LENA ID
All of this information is on the recordings screen for the child.
One quick way to get and send this information:
- Go to the recordings screen for the wrong child.
- Use the column selector to pick only Recording Date, ITS File, Recording ID, and LENA ID.
- Type the Recording ID for the file that needs to move into the search box. This will display only the "bad" recording in the table.
- Export the screen as an MS-EXCEL using the export button.
- Open the export, add columns and info for Wrong Child Group, Right Child ID, Right Child Group.
- Attach the spreadsheet to your email.
A note about data accuracy:
When we reimport the processing results after a DOB correction, age-related scores are updated. However, the processing results file, obtained through application of the original child's age-appropriate algorithms, is not changed. We cannot reprocess the audio itself using the correct age-based algorithms.
In theory, when there is a large age difference, the algorithms used to process the audio may have handled some child vocalizations differently, potentially affecting Conversational Turns and Child Vocalizations (where applicable). The data can still be used for caregiver feedback.
SP Only: Reimporting results does not re-run the AVA and Vocal Productivity algorithms. The reported results should be excluded from analysis or interpreted with caution if the birth dates are significantly different.
3. Check for incorrect Snapshots.
If any LENA Snapshots were completed while the child's DOB was incorrect, these must be manually corrected. See instructions here.